Friday, January 23, 2009

Self-study: one-to-one tutorial

We had one-to-one tutorial on the first Firday of Pre-sessional Academic English course. My tutor asked me 3 questions relating my study and my dificulties:
- Why was it hard for you to decide to study abroad here in London MET university?
I answer: Because I am married and have 2 little boys, 4 years old and 1 year old. I had to leave them all at home, so that it is a heavy responsibility for my wife to look after my kids without my help.
- What was your job before you go to study abroad?
I was a businessman in service sector, but I want to change my job after studying here.
- What do you expect to improve or get after the course?
I answer: I am expecting to get used to studying in the English way, I need to get used to the study and teaching methods here. I used to learn in a different way in our country, I mean the culture of education between our country and England is quite different.


3 point plan to improve English skills


- I set up a self-study blog for me: I write as many writing posts as possible in the blog, I try to write a diary to practice English.

- I wake up early in the morning and listen to BBC News, especially the BBC 4 today, so that I can keep myself updated with news and my listening skill is improving day by day.

- I am trying to do homework and complete all requirements of the Pre-sessional Academic English course.

No comments:

Post a Comment