Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Impression on University Study





MY FIRST IMPRESSION ON UNIVERSITY STUDY

My experience on the Pre-sessional English course may be included in three words that "MORE THAN EXPECTED". It is enough for me to say: it is great, more than expected, that helps me to understand I have made a right decision of "studying abroad". I feel like turning back an energetic stage of my life more than 10 years ago when I just left the University for a new start. So far, I think, I have been here hopeful to learn something new and useful for my future, and I am right. What I have received after two weeks is a new academic thinking: New access to problems. The education system here is quite different from my country's. Here, I have to work creatively on my own ability and what I have achieved is an improvement in the study method and style.

The Pre-sessional English course is quite different from an IELTS course that I thought I would attend here. I need something beneficial to my knowledge rather than a higher level in IELTS. And I have found it here in the pre-sessional course. Academic writing is difficult for me, but it may be easier after I would have caught the course's meaning which I have tried to obtain so far. I am impressed with the ways my two teachers here give lectures, easy to understand and help students feel very closed and confident. All of above mentioned signals encourage me to learn and also force my brain to work more diligently, and this exprerience is I think very valuable for me and other students in the future study terms in the University. One more thing I have learned is straight or direct expression, and in writing: simple and direct. I wish I had been here longer and I would have had a longer pre-sessional course to be prepared for my MA study. However, I feel more confident to overcome the difficulties in the target course and my experience in this course will be applicable later in the University study. Academic reading is challenging for me as I am expecting to do a lot of intensive readings in the next course. In short, this Pre-sessional English course is very helpful for me.

1 comment:

  1. I argee with you!
    we have some common feeling about this course!
    It do help us to our future study and life!

    ReplyDelete